love fearlessly...

love fearlessly...

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Wonderful Realization (October 7. 2010)

Today I watched a bunch of inspirational videos featuring some of our great African-American leaders such as Cornel West, Malcolm X and James Baldwin. I have been inspired by them to further my education and make sure that I am not bombarded with images of self-hatred. I should have been taking notes, I need a lot more education. I need to learn how to talk properly and I will. I will dedicate my energy to self preservation, dedication and hard work. I will be 24 years old soon and I am not going to let time pass me by. I need an education. I want to start from scratch if I can. I just want to become a better person. I have been told that I am good at writing but now as I go back and look at my journey I have not worked very hard on my writing, instead I have put a lot of time and energy into frivolous things. The first thing I have to learn how to do is to speak correctly, and in order to do that I have to speak. I have always been a quiet individual. I wish I hadn't lost a sense of hope. I am not inferior and I am not incompetent and I have just as good of a right as anyone else to to great.

No comments:

Post a Comment